Emotional Intelligence...and then?
In order to understand why the Emotional Intelligence is important, we need to go first through the meaning of the Emotional Intelligence.
“Emotional Intelligence consists of the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict”. Thus, it has big impacts on different aspects of our daily life, such as the way we act and the way we interact with others.
If you have a high emotional intelligence, then you are able to recognize you own emotional state and the emotional states of others, and interact with people in a way that attracts them to you. This understanding of emotions let you relate better to others, form healthier relationships, achieve greater success at work, and lead a more fulfilling life.
If you don’t have a high Emotional Intelligence, then what…?
The most important factor of the Emotional Intelligence is the emotions. If you want to improve it and achieve all the above, you have to understand and manage your emotions; and to reach this level, you have to work on other skills as well such as, stress management and other communication skills.
Below are some tips related to Stress Management and Communication.
- Reduce stress in the moment.
- Recognize your emotions, take your time to understand them before reacting.
- Do a self-evaluation. Think about your weaknesses. Accept that you’re not perfect and work on some areas to make yourself a better person. This can change your life.
- Observe how you react to people, do you ask before judge?
- Examine how your actions will affect others before you take those actions. Put yourself in their place, how will they feel if you do this? Would you want that experience?
- Resolve conflicts positively and with confidence.
These are the basics, start now and feel the change!