Conflict is inevitable. Everyone has had them and will probably have them in the future. This two-day training program presents tools and techniques so participants can more confidently deal with workplace conflict. The program explores the definition of conflict and presents how conflict situations can have positive outcomes. Participants will practice a conflict resolution process to successfully handle workplace conflict and will learn common tactics, counter tactics, and games used in conflict resolutions.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Learn, practice, and follow a process of resolving conflict
- Become more confident in handling interpersonal and common workplace conflict situations
- Find out their own preferred style of resolving conflict and become aware of the different styles of resolving conflict
- Follow a step-by-step process of successfully mediating conflict between two parties.
• Self-discovery and critique
• Group exploration and facilitator-led discussions
• Practical exercises
• Best practice theory exploration
Business professionals who wish to enhance their communication and conflict resolution skills.
Topics to be covered
- Is conflict good or bad?
- Potential benefits of conflict
- The costs of conflict
- Is this a conflict? Definition of workplace conflict
- The Four possible conflict outcomes
- Conflict resolution styles
- Find out your preferred conflict resolution style – self-assessment
- The importance of using the right language when resolving conflict
- The six conflict resolution language fundamentals
- The conflict resolution process
- The conflict resolution process skill practice activity
- Games and conflict resolution
- Counter tactics and dealing with games
- What is mediation?
- Characteristics of a mediator
- Key mediation tips
- The Four steps of mediation
Competitive review game
AFTER COMPLETING THIS TRAINING PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- Develop strategies for dealing with conflict
- Learn and practice a simple conflict resolution process.
- Find out the potential benefits of conflict when handled properly.
- Become more confident in handling common workplace conflict situations
- Be aware of the different styles, strategies and outcomes of conflict
- Recognize the potential benefits and disadvantage of third party interventions (Mediation & Arbitration)
Need more details? We are one step away!